Continued neglect

Wednesday, June 4, 2008
is what my blog has been suffering from as of late. If you were expecting some sort of opening-up regarding parental neglect, don't worry; Mom and Dad did a splendid job making me their object of constant attention. Although it would have been nice if they heeded my calls to add another morning of the week onto the sweet-cereal allowance (no doubt my inevitably suber-cyber-savvy kids will track down this blog in 2030, and use it as evidence for hypocrisy charges).

Anyways, getting back to the blog neglect issue. I have no good excuse this time around, as usual. I recently spent a week on a beautiful tropical island that's quickly embodying modern tourism's ideal synthesis of "natural paradise" and "modern convenience", so needless to say, net access was readily available. Feelings of guilt and betrayal of my sizable fan base spurred me to promise myself that I'd write another blog by the time I got to Delhi, which was originally scheduled to happen late this afternoon (Thursday, June 5th).

However, apparently even Bangkok's spankin' new Suvarnabhumi International Airport (say that five times fast!) can't perfectly handle the "76 flights an hour" it boasts ("Tom, you're such a nerd! How did you know that?!?"), as evidenced by the fact that my flight to Calcutta was cancelled. As usual, however, Jet Airways came to the rescue, and within 5 minutes of me running all panicky to the check in desk after a quick glance at the arrivals screen, they'd booked me into the also spankin' new 4 star Novotel airport hotel for the day, as well as placing me on the direct flight to Delhi tonight (which was to be my final destination anyways). I just finished ravaging the complimentary breakfast buffet (which was huge), and plan to imminently hit up the artificial jungle paradise pool complex. Dang those late flights!

Anyways, I'm out of time on the net. I'll post my final trip blog tomorrow (tear).

Cheers
Tom

0 comments: